Commending and Defending Christian Faith: An Introduction to Christian Apologetics
Christians often feel inadequate and unprepared to make a defense of their faith. As people read apologetics books they often encounter unfamiliar terms, concepts, and names. Commending and Defending Christian Faith introduces the basic terms, key thinkers, and fundamental apologetic issues. It states the what, why, and how of apologetics preparing persons for further study of reasons for faith and answers to objections.
Through this book you will:
- Be prepared to deal with doubt and unbelief.
- Be acquainted with the role of thinking, knowing, truth, and faith in apologetics.
- Know why we should defend the faith and how the faith can be defended.
- Learn from defenders of the faith in the New Testament and in church history.
- Gain practical suggestions and guidelines for giving a defense of your faith.
About the Author:
H. Lynn Gardner taught apologetics for forty years in Bible colleges, serving eighteen years as academic dean. A graduate of Ozark Christian College, California State University, Wheaton College, with a doctorate from the University of Arkansas. Included in his seven books are Where is God When We Suffer? and Christianity Stands True: A Common Sense Look at the Evidence.
We Also Recommend